[New post] How do I track files (such as PDF, AVI, or WMV) that are downloaded from my site?

Posted by | Posted on 11:58

How do I track files (such as PDF, AVI, or WMV) that are downloaded from my site?

Bogdan Michka | March 22, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Tags: analytics, download, files, google, howto, javascript, metrics, stats, tracking | Categories: seo, tips-n-tricks, web | URL: http://wp.me/pHbzX-jx

From the website:

How do I track files (such as PDF, AVI, or WMV) that are downloaded from my site? - Analytics Help

Google Analytics provides an easy way to track clicks on links that lead to file downloads. Because these links do not lead to a page on your site containing the tracking code, you'll need to tag the link itself with the _trackPageview() JavaScript if you would like to track these downloads. This piece of JavaScript assigns a pageview to any click on a link - the pageview is attributed to the filename you specify. (Read the article for further details.)

Add a comment to this post


Comments (0)

Post a Comment