[New post] SEOmoz | The Science of Ranking Correlations: How Does PageRank Perform?

Posted by | Posted on 11:03

SEOmoz | The Science of Ranking Correlations: How Does PageRank Perform?

Bogdan Michka | May 10, 2010 at 12:03 pm | Tags: bing, pagerank, pr, seo, seomoz, spearman correlation, yahoo | Categories: seo, tips-n-tricks, web | URL: http://wp.me/pHbzX-lD

Excerpt:

SEOmoz | The Science of Ranking Correlations: How Does PageRank Perform?

I've been an SEO for a long while - nearly 8 years. In all that time, I still haven't been able to wean myself off the intoxicating drug dealt out by the Google toolbar - that "little green fairy dust" called PageRank. Intellectually, I know it's flawed in a multitude of ways, but so many people in our field (and in the broader webmaster/marketing community) still talk about "PR 4 websites" and how "I have a PR6 but he's still outranking me." I find myself thinking about it, using it in conversations and yes, even considering it as a metric for rankings.

Add a comment to this post


Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser: http://subscribe.wordpress.com

Comments (0)

Post a Comment